I got off to a fairly good start to the year! I worked a lot, spend some great time with friends, and was able to keep a relatively normal schedule at home as well. January Recap:
- Make $1200 in side hustle FAIL, mostly attributed to the snowstorm we got hit with in Nashville, so many of the shifts for my regular side hustle were cancelled.
- Work out 3 times per week FAIL
- Hit Fitbit goals 5 days per week FAIL, because my Fitbit stopped charging around the start of the month, and I slacked on getting it replaced
- Find an accountant to work with DONE
- Make a Goodwill/Plato’s Closet run FAIL but I did get the closet cleaned out and things are ready to be taken in!
- Sell my car PASS This only took nearly a year 😉 but I sold it to a friend’s boyfriend, so I’m glad it will still be in the family
- One day of total rest per week FAIL I think I only gave myself two real days off in the month, and even on one of those, I was likely checking emails
- Get daily and monthly checklists done PASS and I’m still loving my bullet journal setup.
- Read one book DONE I read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up for Paper & Glam book club. I didn’t love it, but it did at least help me get motivated to clean out the closet
- 2o no spend days PASS, somehow! Losing my wallet at the start of the month helped out with this
- Send out invoices the day they are due
- Make $1200 in side hustle
- Find another freelance writing gig
- Hit Fitbit goals five days per week
- Track spending every day
- Spend $100 on groceries
- Renew car insurance
- Get all tax information in
- 20 no spend days
- Change oil
I thought I had found a great freelance gig in January, but it didn’t seem to be working out. You live and you learn, though, and I’m glad that I learned fairly quickly that it wasn’t a good fit. I had pretty bad anxiety over “firing” the client because I want to be everything to everyone all the time, but it’s just not possible or realistic. My 20 “no spend” days will not include the work trip I’ll be on in the month, since it’s reimbursed, so here’s hoping I can curb any desires to go out until the middle of the month!